Paris is a magical place. Its filled with food, love, fashion, and did I mention food?
When visiting Paris there are specific sites you have to go to before your trip is over!
- The Louvre Museum: Like most tourist handguides, the Louvre Museum in on my list for a very similar reason. This museum is one of the largest and greatest museums in the world. If you are an art freak or love history, then this museum is for you. While you’re there, take your time. Soak up all the art around you. Gather all the history that aren’t only portrayed in the paintings, but live in the museum itself. Tip: When planning your trip, keep a whole day open for the Louvre. Its a large museum and you don’t want to miss anything.
- Montmartre: This is the birthplace of the Bohemians. The art filled streets and chillness of the small city will attract you like never before. The Place du Tertre is a very famous street in Montmartre, filled with painters, caricatures, and their many paintings; making you feel as if you’re walking through an outdoor art museum. Tip: While you’re there be sure to get one of the artists to draw you!
- Musee d’Orsay: For all those art lovers, heres another museum you cannot miss. If you are into impressionist art (Van Gogh, Monet, Renoir) and old train stations that are turned into museums, then you gotta go to Musee d’Orsay.
- Notre Dame: Aren’t you dying to see if the Hunchback is up there ringing the bells?! I know I was when I was in Paris. The Notre Dame is one of the darkest and most beautiful cathedrals I have ever been to. Its outstanding architecture and stained glass windows are a must see. You will be awestruck when you get there, so get ready.
- Champs Elysees/ Arc de Triomphe: This magnificent street is filled with the top high end brands, the best cafes and bakeries, and is swimming with people 24/7. Not only is it the street that leads to the famous Arc de Triomphe, but it is also one of the most famous streets in Paris (there’s a freaking song about it!) If you love to shop and eat amazing food then Champs Elysees is the place for you.
- Seine: Pont Neuf & Pont de Arts: The Pont Neuf and the Pont de Arts of the Locks of Love are both bridges that are across the Seine River. The best way to see these bridges and the Seine is to go on a walk down each of the bridges until you get to the Eiffel Tower. Not only do you get to see these beautiful bridges, but also the amazing view of Paris.
- The Eiffel Tower: Who doesn’t go to see the Eiffel Tower while they’re in Paris? The Eiffel Tower is one of the most amazing landmarks in the word (in my opinion). Based on my trip, the best way to see the Eiffel Tower is to go one day to see it in the daylight and then go back at night and watch it light up. Tip: The light show is beautiful and the best way to see it is from the Jardins du Trocadero.
- Jardin du Luxembourg: The Luxembourg gardens are magnificent and beautiful. If you’re one of those people that love to sit in a beautiful place and just watch people or read a book. Its a great way to spend the day and just keep calm.
- The Opera: The Opera was extraordinary. I didn’t watch any shows, but there is a small tour you can go on. There is a presentation of the costumes and a tour of the Opera building itself.
- Saint Germain des Pres & Saint Paul: To all the girls & guys that love to shop till they drop, these two streets are dedicated to you. Clothing stores from old to new are spread out all over these streets, attracting people with different tastes and styles.